PERSONAL PROPERTY AND INSTRUMENTS
EVERY EFFORT WILL BE MADE TO ENSURE THAT STUDENT BELONGINGS ARE SECURE AND SAFE; HOWEVER, LOST, STOLEN, OR DAMAGED STUDENT PROPERTY IS NOT THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE NAUGATUCK BOARD OF EDUCATION. IN MOST CASES, PARENTS’ HOMEOWNER’S INSURANCE WILL COVER LOSSES OF THIS NATURE.
In order to minimize such losses please observe the following suggestions.
1. Always leave your instrument and belongings in the designated areas. If possible, keep instruments in lockers with a lock on it.
2. Refrain from bringing valuables (electronics, games, collectibles) to concerts.
3. Record all serial numbers from student instruments – if you need assistance locating your serial please contact your child’s music teacher.
4. Have your instrument case clearly labeled with your child’s name.
5. List the instrument on your homeowner’s insurance policy.
6. Do not keep the instrument at school overnight. It will be more secure and allow for regular practice if the instrument goes home after school.